5


This talking mouse, wearing trousers and a sport coat, was also wearing little shoes, shirt and a hat. Actually, he was holding the little hat in his tiny mouse hands. Seeing the confusion spreading over the girls face, the mouse remembered himself and said earnestly; “My dear girl, you did have quite a fall, and you did hit your head awful hard. But let me assure you, I am real, and I am really speaking to you.” He waited for his words to sink in.
“Ummm, you’re wearing shoes.” The girl said hesitantly. At which the mouse looked down and agreed with her.
“Yes, yes I am.”
“That’s nice.” Was all the girl could say. This was all very strange. In all her thinking, she never thought a mouse would talk, and this simply baffled her. “Do you mind if I sit up, sir mouse?” she asked, and he responded by quickly climbing down onto the beam. The girl then scooted back, righted herself and looked at the mouse from where she at. After a few moments the girl continued; “So… you can talk. Have you always been able to talk?” She queried nervously.
The mouse smiled. “I have been able to talk since I was taught as a child.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment