57

Les was confused, and knew that confusion was clear on her face as she watched the man move around her and prop himself up on the furniture. When she finally found her voice most of her questions abandoned her as they had at dinner. Forgetting herself and everything Gilroy had told her, she blurted.
"Wait, You're the lord of the house? But you're like, a child." He faked a hurt look then smiled again. Clearly pleased with himself.
"Actually, I am not much older than you, but older than you, I am. I am also wise beyond my years, incredibly talented, shockingly good looking, and so very humble." He smiled again then stood. "I am kidding. But where are my manners? My name is Velimir Grant Moore, I am the Lord of this household. You can call me Grant. Please, take a seat." He waved in the direction of a set of chairs and couches so she went around and sat. He had a kind face, and was not anything she had expected. "I'm sure you have many many questions for me. And I must apologize for the secrecy, and thank you for your willingness to come. In this realm of magic, even the trees have ears, and you never know when there might be a spy nearby.


No comments:

Post a Comment