7


The girl was certainly confused now. His fate? What could he have done to deserve a fate of living as a mouse? What would happen to her father? Could he do something that would resign him to this sort of fate as well?
The mouse’s smile fell from his face as he saw the worry spread over the girl’s. “My dear girl, I’m sorry I’ve upset you.” He said in earnest. “But I continue to assure you that I am content as a mouse, and what sins I have committed in the past are there in the past where they belong. You have nothing to fear from me. I cannot, nor do I wish to, harm you.”
The girl attempted to smile. “I do not want to seem rude, but I do not exactly fear you. It’s the wizard you spoke of that concerns me, for I know the man well.” She paused a moment, the mouse didn’t even flinch at this news, so she continued on past the subject. “Do you mind if I inquire as to what it is you have done?”
It was so strange to see this tiny mouse reacting with the same mannerisms as a human would. Les began to forget that she’d asked the question while watching him that she was surprised when he responded. “Since you asked politely I will tell you the tale, if you’d like.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment