63

Les sighed and took his hand to stand. They left the library and began to walk through the halls.
"We have here, in our order a seer. Her mother was also a seer, like her mother before her. Each of them has seen the same vision. Though they each see it from a different view. These three visions together tell a prophecy. I can let one of them tell you exactly what that is, but essentially, we believe that the person depicted in these visions is you. I didn't mention it earlier, but there is great unrest in this land by the magical folk. An evil is building and they can all feel it. There has been a negative flux in their power and someone needs to squelch it. This great evil was also foretold in other visions since the time of King Mawr. Possibly even before that." Les stopped walking.
"I can't squelch a great evil." she said, incredulously.
"There are those who believe you can."
"But they're wrong. I can't. I'm not anyone. Who's to say I believe any of what you're telling me. Even if I do, I don't believe that I'm whoever you're looking for. I can't be. You've got the wrong girl." Les had started back stepping the way they'd come. Grant gently took her elbow and led her to a bench down the hall.


No comments:

Post a Comment