70

The only thing that drew their attention from Les was when a tall woman stood from her seat.
"Will you not help us?" She asked with pleading eyes. Les, uneasy as the center of attention was losing her patience with them.

"Help you? I don't even know what you want my help with." Les breathed out more vehemently than she meant to. A few of the faces looking back at her drew back as if they were offended. "All I've been told is that I'm supposedly a person from a certain vision, and I'm going to be horribly disfigured if I do help you. I don't really fancy being maimed. I am not anyone. I'm not especially good at anything specific, and I can't save you. I don't know where I am, I don't know who you are, and I'm extremely tired." Les could feel the scowl on her face and huffed audibly. The members of the order looked back and forth at each-other then back to her. Grant started at her, his smile had vanished from his face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment