88

Her terror began to fade until she heard the faint whisper. She held her breath, afraid that something else bad had appeared near her. Then the small voice called her name, and she saw Gunther out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head and stared at him wide eyed. He crept closer to her and smiled faintly.
"Are you alright?" Les blinked. "You're not hurt, are you? How much of that did you see?"
"Who was that?" Was Les' reply.
"I'm not sure, the robe and hood obscured their face. The only thing I do know is they weilded a powerful magic, and were here lookign for something or someone. Did you hear or see what? He spoke so strangely." The mouse held his chin in his small hands as he thought out loud and questioned her. "I didn't have the best vantage, trying to flee the house in case he was going to destroy it. I'm sue he didn't see me. Did he see you?" Les was torn on how to answer that.
"Yes." He looked shocked, but before he could comment, she went on. "No. I mean, I don't know. If he saw what I saw, then he saw me, just not me. It was like version of me, or a copy..." She trailed off as she thought about what she had seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment