90

Once the tea was brewing, Les sat at broken down table top set up on the floor. As Gunther busied himself around the kitchen, Les knew that she would normally have pondered how he, such a small mouse, could function and do what he did. But right now, she thought about what the order had told her, and whether or not she should speak of it with Gunther. They had known him after all. As she was choosing her words to begin again, Gunther spoke first.
"I take it you've met the order then." Les snapped to attention. "Well, at least some of them. They really do mean well, but they put their mission above everything else. It gets quite tiring at times." He paused climbed up to open a cupboard. She watched as he scooped sugar out of a dish and expertly dropped it into the cups below him. "I'm not sure they would have told you, but I was once a member. That is until I was changed into a mouse. They saw the explosion of light and assumed I'd died, and I let them. And to answer your question, No. I do not know that Lord Moore, but I did know one."


No comments:

Post a Comment