12

“Is that so? Could you still do potions, or are all your magical outlets rendered useless?” the girl asked.
“I’m not sure; usually a potion only works with a bit of magic infused into it, one of the key ingredients and all. But there are some that don’t require it. I could probably do those. However, they’re probably useless in the grand scheme of things. I could probably still teach someone to do it, if they were magically inclined, otherwise my magical knowledge would be rendered useless.”
The mouse had rambled on and just now caught his own words. He smiled up at the girl, an idea beginning to bloom in his brain. Why hadn’t he thought of this before? Probably because he didn’t believe anyone would react so calmly to a talking mouse. But he’d been watching this girl for a long while now and figured she could handle it. If only he knew if she were inclined. A smile grew across his face. The girl looked at him quizzically. “My dear girl, I just realized I have not properly introduced myself. My name is Günther the mouse. It is my deep pleasure to finally meet your acquaintance. May I ask what your name is, child?”

No comments:

Post a Comment