15

Hesitantly, she continued speaking. “So what you’re saying to me is that you know how to get me an official name, but are helpless to bind me to it? You can only help me if I let you teach me. Are there any drawbacks to this deal? Are you just showing and telling me the good things?
“That would make me a salesman, wouldn’t it? I confess the only drawback would be; you would never know your full potential under my tutelage, because I never realize mine, or that; if you prove to not be able to wield magic, you will gain nothing from me. But I think that is worth testing.”
She sat there thinking it over. What if she couldn’t wield magic? The mouse wasn’t saying it, but Les had learned from her father that those who could not wield magic and had tried could be harmed from trying. Her father had lost his brother to it. And rumor had it that her mother had perished due to magical rejection. But her father was Bromney’s assistant. So though her chances of being inclined were slim, they weren’t non-existent.
“Alright,” she said finally, “I’ll do it, under one condition."

No comments:

Post a Comment