20

“That doesn’t seem like very many. Are they all different species?”
“You are surprisingly comfortable around me. Seriously, and no, there are two dogs, a horse and a cat that I know.”
“Les smiled, “Interesting.” So this fix didn’t know the mouse.
“Of course, there may be more, but I don’t go around talking to every creature I come across.”
“So you are the only wild one you’ve met? The other sound like domesticated animals. Do you frequently go around talking to every domestic creature you come across?”
“Witty aren’t we?” The fox shifted its posture. “Let me ask you something.” Les nodded. “What sort of girl isn’t even slightly afraid of a talking fox? Don’t you respect the magic involved here?
“I do respect magic,” Les answered calmly. “But, as you said, you can’t really harm me and don’t really desire to. The magic of it interests me. Beyond that… I guess I don’t get around much.”
The fox laughed at the girl. “I am glad I like you girl. Are you that nameless girl from the town I’ve heard so much about?”

No comments:

Post a Comment