17

“Abicus rabicus dabicus be, show the magic within me.” Günther illustrated with his eyes closed. Les looked at him frowning
“Are you serious? That’s it?”
“I believe so, yes. Now close your eyes and try.”
Les sighed  and closed her eyes. “Abicus, r-rabicus, dabicus be, show the magic within me.” She clenched her eyes so tights, afraid of what was, or was not, going to happen. She heard nothing, no breath at all. Günther was holding his breath too. Slowly she opened one eye and peeked around. “Was something supposed to happen?” She asked when she opened her other eye and dropped her arms to her side.
Günther was holding his mouse chin, muttering to himself;  “I am most certain those are the words. Put your hands out, and say those words. Eyes closed, hmmm… abicus, rabicus dabicus, abicus dabicus labicus? No, no, no, it’s rabicus dabicus, I’m sure of it.” He looked up at her. “Well, my dear; maybe you don’t have it. Never fear, we can still be friends and I will still try to think of a name for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment