21


Les was in shock. Someone was talking about her in town, a lot? She stuttered a moment. “I, I suppose I am. But who would’ve told you about me?” The fox giggled. “You’re not goint to tell me are you?” Les asked doubtful.
“No.”
“Why not?”
“Let’s just say; I don’t know you well enough. But I am willing to know you more.” Les was confused. But thought it would be better to earn the answer than try to pry it, and never get it.
“Have you always been a fox?”
The fox laughed again. “Such a strange question. And, as far as I know; Yes, I have always been a fox.”
“Do you have a name?”
The fox laughed again. “My name is Talon. Like an eagle talon. Only, I’m a fox.” Just then there was a loud crack in the woods, which echoed quite close to them. Talon’s ears shot up alert. She dropped onto her haunches, and whispered to Les. “I can’t talk more now. I’ll see you tomorrow if you’d like.” Les nodded. “Meet me at the creek bridge at midday.” And she was gone, lost in the dark of the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment