9

The mouse then fell silent, and the girl waited patiently for some time, thinking on what he’d already said. She was confused and continued to wonder what the mouse could have done to be turned into a mouse. He’d spoken so quickly, and the information was so scattered.
She finally asked “What do you mean: you did what you had to do? What did you do?”
The mouse blinked up at her and then without hesitation, and with insinuation in his voice that she should have already known, he said: “I killed her.”
The girl shot up straight in her posture. The mouse stood there unmoved. He’s come to terms with this reality a long time ago. After letting the fear well in the girl’s eyes for a moment, he began again. “it was a necessary evil in war. I sacrifice myself for the greater good. Out of all of my cohorts, I was the closest to Bromney when Tatyanna started the war, so it was put on me to ensure his safety. We devised a plan to cut off the head of our opposition. I was the hands to do it. When Bromney found out it was me, he kinda lost it.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment