23


Connie looked up at Fred and made a face. “No, I had tripped before I heard you.” She noticed him still staring at her, so she dropped her skirt. “But I’m fine, really, just had a clumsy moment.” Then she turned to continue on her way. Fred was started back to reality, he’d probably seen too much of her leg for a second or two too long.
“Mind if I walk with you?” Connie turned to him and smiled and nodded, then stated down the road. “Thanks!” They walked on towards the town together in silence for a while. Fred all of a sudden turned to her and asked, “so where ya commin’ from?”
Connie didn’t know if anyone else knew about the old cottage and felt that she wouldn’t be the one to share its existence, so she answered; “Just out on a walk.”
“Where’d ya walk to?”
Connie frowned. Then smiled up at him “Just around. Nowhere in particular.” She shrugged.
“How long ya been walkin’? I know if I am out walkin’ too much I get clumsy too. Have ya been walkin’ since yous left last night?”
Connie almost paused. She hid her surprise well, that someone, anyone, was keeping tabs on her, especially Fred.

No comments:

Post a Comment