16

Günther waited expectantly. But it seemed as if Les was not going to say what that condition was. “May I ask what it is you require, so that I may know how to accommodate you?”
Les sat a moment longer and took a deep breath. “My condition is that you never lie to me.
Even if the truth will hurt, or may not be pleasant.”
Günther bowed to Les. “This I can and do promise you. I will never knowingly tell you a lie.
“When do we start?” she beamed.
“We can start today. Firstly, we need to test and see if you are eve magically inclined.” Günther started taking off is little coat and set his hat down. “My dear, will you please stand up? And try not to step on me as you do.” She obeyed. “Now, let’s see if I can remember what that test was.” He rolled up the sleeves on his tiny shirt as the thought. “Oh yes; Hold your hands out like this.” He demonstrated by holding his hands out to his sides. “Good. Now, repeat after me please.” Les felt silly, but she was ready for whatever happened, and was eager to comply.

No comments:

Post a Comment