13

“Pleased to meet you Günther mouse. I must apologize though, I don’t actually have a name.”
“What?!” the mouse was now baffled. “How can you not have a name? Didn’t’ your parent’s call you something specific as a child?”
“Well, yes, and no. For as long as I can remember, everyone I know has called me something different. I have asked my father what my name is but he always says he doesn’t want to talk about it. I suppose my mother would have known, but I never knew her.”
“That is very odd… What would you prefer I call you?”
The girl thought a moment. “You may, I suppose choose your own name for me like everyone else has. I call myself Les.”
“Alright, Les, Will have to do until we can get you a proper name.” They smiled at one another. “Now, Les, I have a proposition for you.” Les sat with her brow raised, not even bothering to fathom what sort of proposition he’d have. “How would you like to be my magic apprentice? I know I’m not a full wizard, but I would like to teach you what I do know. What say you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment