14

Without hesitation Les answered. “Yes.” and smiled. “No.” she frowned. “I don’t know.” She bit her lip, deep in thought. “Can I think about it?” she asked earnestly.
Günther smiled at her and sighed. “Of course you can. And I will think of a proper name for you, while you do.”
“Thank you.” She smiled again. “Would it be an official name? Could you do that? I mean, would it really be my name to everyone?”
“It’s possible. I cannot, however, make it happen by myself. I can’t say for sure if there’s not a specific reason why the wizard didn’t or was unable to give you a name. but I promise to think of one.”
That was right! How could she have forgotten? The wizard was the one who made people’s names official. It had been so long since she’d gone to him and he’d refused. He wouldn’t even make his name for her official. The name had to bind magically with the person. Maybe they’d tried when she was a baby, and the name rejected her. If she accepted Günther’s offer, she might finally get a name though.

No comments:

Post a Comment